Book Title: The Big Book of EVEN MORE Therapeutic Activity Ideas for Children and Teens: Inspiring Arts-Based Activities and Character Education Curricula
Publisher: Jessica Kingsley Publishers
Release Date: 2015-11-21
Author: Lindsey Joiner
- The Big Book of Therapeutic Activity Ideas for Children and Teens: Inspiring Arts-Based Activities and Character Education Curricula
- The CBT Art Activity Book: 100 illustrated handouts for creative therapeutic work
- Therapy Games: Creative Ways to Turn Popular Games Into Activities That Build Self-Esteem, Teamwork, Communication Skills, Anger Management, Self-Discovery, and Coping Skills
- More Creative Coping Skills for Children: Activities, Games, Stories, and Handouts to Help Children Self-regulate
- 104 Activities That Build: Self-Esteem, Teamwork, Communication, Anger Management, Self-Discovery, Coping Skills
- Creative Expression Activities for Teens: Exploring Identity through Art, Craft and Journaling
- CBT Toolbox for Children and Adolescents: Over 200 Worksheets & Exercises for Trauma, ADHD, Autism, Anxiety, Depression & Conduct Disorders
- 101 Mindful Arts-Based Activities to Get Children and Adolescents Talking: Working with Severe Trauma, Abuse and Neglect Using Found and Everyday Objects
- Mindfulness Matters: The game that uses mindfulness skills to improve coping in everyday life
- The Self-Esteem Workbook for Teens: Activities to Help You Build Confidence and Achieve Your Goals
Following on from The Big Book of Therapeutic Activity Ideas for Children and Teens, this book provides EVEN MORE imaginative and fun activity ideas, lessons, and projects for use with difficult and challenging children and teens aged 5+.
From ice breakers and group starters to bibliotherapy and monthly character education activities, there are over 90 ideas designed to unleash the creativity of children and teens, and teach social skills, strategies to control anger and anxiety, conflict resolution, positive thinking skills, and more. They make use of art, scientific experiments, expressive arts and books, and many come with photocopiable handouts. The activities can be used in a variety of settings, and they are adaptable for use with both individuals and groups.
This is a practical resource bursting with ideas, and it will be invaluable for anyone working with children and teens, including school counselors, teachers, social workers, youth workers, arts therapists, and psychologists.