Book Title: Contemporary Nursing: Issues, Trends, & Management, 7e
Author: Barbara Cherry DNSc MBA RN NEA-BC
- Application of Nursing Process and Nursing Diagnosis: An Interactive Text for Diagnostic Reasoning
- Prioritization, Delegation, and Assignment: Practice Exercises for the NCLEX Examination, 3e
- Foundations of Nursing in the Community: Community-Oriented Practice, 4e
- Medical Terminology: A Short Course, 7e
- Manual of Critical Care Nursing: Nursing Interventions and Collaborative Management, 7e
- Essentials for Nursing Practice, 8e (Basic Nursing Essentials for Practice)
- NANDA International Nursing Diagnoses: Definitions & Classification, 2018-2020
- Bates' Nursing Guide to Physical Examination and History Taking
- Essentials of Psychiatric Mental Health Nursing: A Communication Approach to Evidence-Based Care, 3e
- HESI Comprehensive Review for the NCLEX-RN Examination, 5e
Thoroughly prepare for the rapidly evolving world of nursing with Contemporary Nursing: Issues, Trends, & Management, 7th Edition. Expert authors Barbara Cherry and Susan Jacob combine their own expertise from both academics and practice as they cover the relevant issues affecting today’s nurses. In 28 chapters, including a new chapter on palliative care, this comprehensive new edition takes readers through the evolution of nursing, the role of the nurse today, safe and effective decision-making, collaboration and communication, leadership, job opportunities, and a number of timely issues affecting healthcare and nursing practice today.
- Full-color design enhances the narrative with a clear, visually appealing explanation of concepts.
- Humorous cartoons open each chapter to illustrate the chapter themes.
- Vignettes at the beginning of each chapter personalize nursing history and practice and help readers understand their place in the profession. Questions to Consider While Reading This Chapter follow the vignettes and prepare the reader for the topic to be discussed.
- Key terms, learning outcomes, chapter overviews, and chapter summaries help readers focus their learning experience.
- Unit on Leadership and Management in Nursing includes content to prepare nurses to effectively function in the management roles expected of the professional nurse.
- Unit on Career Management provides strategies on how to make the transition from student to practitioner and tips on how to pass the NCLEX-RN Examination.
- Case studies help readers apply theory to clinical practice.
- NEW! Chapter on palliative care focuses on how to best provide patients with relief from the symptoms and stress of a serious illness, and how to improve the quality of life for both the patient and family.
- NEW! Combined chapter on quality improvement and QSEN keeps readers up to date on the latest competencies from the Institute of Medicine.
- NEW! Professional/Ethical Issue boxes provide a short scenario about an ethical issue related to the chapter content.
- NEW! Updated coverage reflects the latest NCLEX test plan.
- NEW! Incorporation of Triple Aim in healthcare discusses ways to improve the health of the population, enhance the experience and outcomes of the patient, and reduce per capita cost of care for the benefit of communities.
- NEW! Expanded coverage of working in an interdisciplinary team reflects the changing healthcare landscape and need to work in collaboration with a variety of healthcare specialists.